Sunday, January 7, 2018

The pad stitching saga has come to an end...

 The pad-stiching has finally come to an end on Vogue 8333.  I would call it bittersweet, but my fingers have been pricked so much I think I have calluses now.  I seriously need to use a thimble next time.  I never understood what thimbles were for until I started pad-stitching.    

Today, I finished the under-collar and collar band. I think my pad-stitching has gotten a bit better - a bit.  Still miles to go in looking neat!  I drew guidelines this go round, and they really helped keeping my stitches somewhat straight and even.  



I decided to use a contrast lining for the under-collar.  I'm not a pop the collar kind of gal, so it doesn't bother me much that you can see the stitches on the bottom.   I pinned the under-collar on my tailor's ham and steamed it like crazy, then let it dry for a few hours.  


The under-collar has a nice roll on it.  I've just pinned it in this photo, I wanted to get the fit right on the body before attaching the collar.  

When I made the muslin, I worried that when I cut the fabric it would be too tight, quite the opposite has happened; it is now about 3 sizes too big.  

When I sewed the pleats and pockets in this fabric they did not give me the blues like the muslin.  Maybe I didn't have enough caffeine when I did the muslin because today, they took no time at all and I did it according to the pattern instead of winging it.   I don't think you can see them in the photo below, I'll get a better pic next time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment