Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Channeling my glam

After my Vogue 8333 never ending blazer, I needed a quick project to help bring the fabric stash down.

And in comes McCall's M7053.

This is my second, er, third time making this shirt.  It's quick, easy, versatile and such a timeless style.  I purchased this fabric last October when I was in NYC for work, it's a stretch rayon from Swan Fabrics.  Swan is one of my fabric shops, they have a great selection and every time I've gone in asking for something, if he doesn't have it, he offers a fabulous alternative. Swan is located at 244 W. 39th st.

This pattern calls for a single layer on the front tie, but my fabric is printed on one side and the underside isn't as attractive.  I doubled the layer to keep it pretty.  Total time to make this was about  2 hours, well maybe 3 - I do get distracted by sparkly things.

The colors in this top will go with several of my blazers, I wore it with Vogue 8333 to see Phantom Threads (have you seen that movie, the fashions...LOVED them!)





No comments:

Post a Comment