Monday, September 18, 2017

At last...

For years I have been saying I am going to sew a polished, tailored, blazer.  And for years I have put it off and put it off.  But at last, I have started! 




I actually started looking for a pattern last year, but wasn't able to find one I like and one that would be tailored enough.  A few months back, I looked again and came across Clarie Shaeffer's Custom Couture Collection, Vogue V8333.  Now, I have no idea how long this pattern has been out, I looked at it in the past, but the 100+ steps I have to admit intimidated me.  I gave in and purchased it, because after all, I'm making a tailored blazer, it's going to have hundreds of steps! Well hopefully not hundreds, but at least quite a handful.  I was also drawn to the options with this blazer, there are instructions on machine sewing and raising the bar to make the blazer a little more couture with extra hand sewing.  



So the other night, I prepped my pattern pieces and laid my muslin out and got to cutting. 


As with any pattern I start, I searched our wonderful world wide web to see what other sewists have created and only found a handful of beauties.  I have been procrastinating for two years on channeling my inner Cocoa on this blog, and this sounds like as good as time as any to get going.  

If you are working on this blazer as well, comment and share your work, I'd love to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment