Friday, May 10, 2019

Tulle Glam

I have a small obsession with tulle skirts. I think it stems from my small obsession with Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobe and her fabulous tulle skirt outfits.  I didn't want a tutu, but wanted something a little more glam, so I self drafted a circle skirt pattern. I purchased the tulle from Joann's, and it's not as grey as I was hoping for, but I still love it.

Let me tell you tulle is a bitch to sew with. I lined it with a solid cotton quilting fabric, it might be broadcloth, but I don't remember.  There are ten layers of tulle and the waistband is cotton. I installed a back zip with a button on the waistband. I don't think the bottom is even, I didn't hem the tulle and I am just ok with an uneven hem because who is even looking at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment